Jun 2, 2012

past


Here's another assignment from my online class, well... part of it anyway. It was a three part assignment inspired by the past, present, and future - above is my piece inspired by the past. I haven't tackled the present or the future yet, should I read something into that you think? I've decided I'll finish up all parts of the assignments in my own time as I'm more satisfied with my work when I'm not worried about keeping up with the pace of the class. I'll get to it all eventually and learn something from each, I'm sure.

Which part of my past was this piece inspired by you say? Why the part of my past where I obsessively collected model horses of course! The horse in this piece is modeled after my first model, whom I called Red. I had fun playing with circle shapes as they've been in my head a lot lately. I'm also excited about the technique I used for the horse here, drawing directly onto a found image or texture. One of my recent goals has been to draw more, so I think this will be a good way to work it into my mixed media adventures. I wish there were more contrast in color/texture between the largest circle and the horse though, and maybe I want to see a little more of the blue shapes?

**edit** I think I like this crop better....


1 comment:

  1. I really love this piece and I think it is fantastic that you are pushing yourself to learn something new that may even be a little uncomfortable. I miss you and send you a smile. Muah.

    ReplyDelete