Sep 8, 2009

first drafts.

Back in May right before I visited China, I started working on a set of cards for the shop. I used my baby watercolors to make a pretty stack of rainbow cards to print on. I set some type and pulled a few proofs by locking it up in the press and just inking the type by hand with a brayer.

I think the set of cards I'm working on now is stronger all around, but this was good practice. It got me reacquainted with setting type, was my first attempt at locking type into a chase, and generally got me moving and thinking in the right direction. I've just gotta come up with a use for those rainbow those cards now!

1 comment: